For children I offer lessons which teach the fundamentals of music – essential skills and knowledge to prepare them for more specialised study later on.
It’s fun, informal, friendly and designed to encourage a love of music based on play, creativity and curiosity. Once creative music-making is established, it will always be there as a pleasure, not just another subject to study. I teach them first of all to discover their own music. They can study other people’s music later on, when their natural curiosity takes them there.
Along the way we’ll also learn basic piano, guitar and percussion technique, the fundamentals of music, a bit of reading and writing notation, songwriting and composing … and have a lot of fun ! Every child is different and I respond to each one differently.
- guitar (electric / acoustic / bass)
- piano / keyboard
- drums and percussion
- songwriting and creative composition
Please get in touch to discuss your child’s needs and interests.
Every lesson I give is different and ‘student-centred’ i.e. based around your level of experience, learning needs and interests. If you’re not sure what you need in terms of tuition, we can start a journey of discovery to find out !
- We can also use guitar piano, percussion and recording as part of the lesson.
- I’ll teach anyone who wants to learn, ages 5 – 80 !!
- Please contact me for rates and special offers. Discounts for committed students.
- Lessons take place in Poets Corner, off the Portland Rd, Hove, E. Sussex BN3 5HA.