Philip trained at the University of London Goldsmiths College in Jazz & Popular Music, Musicianship and Music Workshop Skills. He also studied group facilitation skills at the Findhorn Foundation, has done postgraduate study in Secondary School Music Education and recently graduated with an MA in Participatory & Community Arts from the University of London.
Philip has studied voice with many different teachers for over 25 years . He began teaching guitar 20 years ago to adults and children and gradually expanded into teaching singing, songwriting, piano, musicianship and eventually becoming a workshop facilitator.
Philip’s personal musical path has been very much about building confidence, self esteem, courage and self-discipline as well as the technical aspects of studying music. This lifelong path has given him the experience and understanding to be able to help others break through fear, self-doubt, judgement and creative blocks to find their unique creative musical and vocal self-expression.
Philip is writing an original musical and performs as a singer- songwriter.
- MA Participatory & Community Arts (2014)
- 1/2 of a PGCE in Secondary School Music ( ! ! )
- Diploma in Jazz & Popular Music Studies
- City & Guilds 7307, Adult & Further Education Teachers Cert.
- Certificate in Music Workshop Skills
- Certificate in Musicianship (Jazz & Popular Music)
Clients for group work have included:
- Camden & Islington NHS Trust
- Brighton & Hove City Council
- Varndean College, Brighton
- Comic Relief
- IKEA senior managers conference
- St Paul’s Cancer Centre, London
- University of Chichester
- University of Brighton
- The Findhorn Foundation
- National Theatre Scotland
- Care Co-ops, Brighton (clients with learning disabilities)